Things To Do
Grahame Society has lots of projects, plans for
projects and ideas for things to do. This page will
be used to list many of them, in the hope that
some members, or even non-members, would see
something which appeals and contact us about getting
email@example.com.) A range of interests are catered for, and
the size and nature of the involvement and the pace
of the work are very flexible. Every contribution is
valued, and even peripheral involvement promotes a
sense of camaraderie. Acknowledgements will, where
appropriate, be published along with each
contribution which the Society publishes or uses.
(1) Articles for the
Kenneth Grahame Society newsletter, Riverbank News.
- Literary articles: character studies, thematic
analyses, commentary on an excerpt from some of
Grahame's works, study of influences on Grahame's
- Location articles: areas or buildings associated
- Historical articles: lesser known biographical
details on the life of Grahame, brief bios or
anecdotal articles on his family, friends or
- Events: reports on events, exhibitions, talks,
(2) Reviews of books
and papers in the bibliography section of the
- New books on Grahame's works (such reviews could
be first used in Riverbank News).
- Existing books: 100-500 word reviews of books on
- Existing papers: 30-100 word summaries of subject
matter of academic papers on Grahame's works.
(3) Sharing details of Kenneth Grahame-related news.
- News of forthcoming exhibitions, talks, sales,
plays, publications, for publication in the news
section of the front page of the website.
(4) Work on the Wikipedia entries
for Kenneth Grahame and his works.
The Golden Age
The Wind in the Willows
(5) Research for the Heritage Project.
- Research into locations
related to Kenneth Grahame.
- Research into the Grahame family tree (including
location of the graves of Helen Grahame and Elspeth
- Research to locate and catalogue all Kenneth
Grahame manuscripts, letters, etc, worldwide.
- Acquiring old photos, postcards, maps, etc, or
copies of them, of locations associated with Kenneth
Grahame (including details of old Berkshire/Oxford
(6) Mark-up of study versions of
The Wind in the Willows.
- ["Landscapes and Countryside" example to be
(7) Kenneth Grahame
Society marketing and merchandise.
- Marketing: downloadable tri-fold flyers, Kenneth
Grahame poster, artwork for main webpages.
- Merchandise: Kenneth Grahame Society bookmarks,
Kenneth Grahame Society diary, Kenneth Grahame
(8) Overhaul of "Links" page on
New/revised links, groupings and layout.
(9) Salvage of articles from Kenneth Grahame Society
forum (now closed).
- Repackage any suitable material for website or
- Transcriptions of text of numerous letters of
Kenneth and Elspeth Grahame.
(11) Books & Publications
- Booklets: Kenneth Grahame's Oxford
- Books: Annotated Essays of Kenneth Grahame
This list will be revised every
few months, so please keep checking back for details
of new projects.
Kenneth Grahame Society